We have all heard how incredibly important breakfast is, but do you know why? Breakfast literally means to break fast. After about 12 hours the body needs to refuel and without breakfast your metabolism slows down dramatically.
This smoothie recipe is a sure fire way to maximize energy and nutrients. While providing the building blocks for your body, it helps to produce collagen and boost your immune system. It is loaded with anti-oxidants, lauric acids, omega 3 fatty acids. So ladies, it’s time to kick start your metabolism!
- Scoop of Progressive Organics 100% whey protein concentrate or 2 scoops of SunWarrior Raw Vegan protein powder, vanilla flavour( also available in gluten free).
- 1 teaspoon of supergreens such as Sun Warrior Ormus supergreens
- 1-2 tablespoons of organic coconut oil (secret ingredient that will actually help you lose weight)
- ½ cup of frozen organic berries, mango, pineapple, or fruits of your choice
- 1 previously frozen organic banana
- 1 teaspoon raw cacao organic chocolate nibs( if chocolate is your thing)
- 1-2 tablespoons of organic chia seeds
- 1/1/2 cups of organic almond milk
- Natural sweeteners may be added they include: maple syrup, raw honey, or Stevia if you like added sweetness.
Place all ingredients in a power blender such as the Vita-Mix ( a very high powered blender).
By starting off your day with protein and healthy fats, you not only stabilize blood sugar levels but you also reduce carbohydrate cravings throughout the day. While all are certainly not created equal, I have done my research and come up with two of the best on the market. Whey protein concentrate is a readily available protein, meaning it absorbs efficiently. The protein itself is derived from the milk of organically farmed cattle that are raised without the use of steroids, antibiotics or milk inducing hormones. Organic Whey Protein is lactose reduced gluten free and contains the full spectrum of amino acids which are essential for the maintenance of good health. Sun Warrior Protein is a non soy, whole grain sprouted vegan protein made form brown rice making it incredibly digestible. It involves no chemical processing and contains all nine essential amino acids.
Chia seeds are a power packed superfood. It is loaded with essential fats such as omega 3’s and omega 6’s fatty acids. That means plumper, younger looking skin! High quality oils keep the skin lubricated and feeling healthier overall. A healthy intake of Omega 3 fatty acids will result in smoother, younger, more luminous skin and fiber ( chia is brilliant for relieving constipation) protein that will give you loads of energy.
Coconut oil is an absolutely incredible product from mother nature. Its nutritional benefits seem to be endless here are just a few: Coconut oil contains Lauric acid, making it antibacterial and antiviral. It is a potent immune stimulant. Coconut oil actually promotes weight loss by increasing the rate at which calories burn (thermogenisis). It also helps boost collagen and therefore is a great for use anti- aging benefits. So here’s to good health, beauty and energy!